In the UK we drink approximately 70 million cups of coffee per day. That's a lot of coffee, but Science suggests we should drink up as this beverage comes with some impressive benefits.
1. Coffee can make you happy. Studies have found that coffee drinkers are less likely to be depressed than non coffee drinkers.
2. Coffee can contain lots of antioxidants which helps you're body fight bad chemicals. This means coffee drinkers are at a lower risk of diseases such as Parkinson's disease, type 2 diabetes and heart disease.
3. Coffee contains important nutrients such as vitamin B2 and B5, which are good for you!
4. Coffee can increase your metabolism by as much as 11% which helps you burn fat.
5. Coffee can help you feel less tired. It takes as little as 10 minutes to start feeling the effects of caffeine.