Every year more and more customers ask for Fairtrade products and there are some very good reasons why. Buying products with the Fairtrade mark means supporting farmers and workers as they work to improve their lives and communities. It is about better prices, decent working conditions and fair terms of trade. Here are some interesting facts about Fairtrade.
- Over 1.5 million farmers and workers in Fairtrade certified producer organisations.
- In the UK, Fairtrade coffee accounts for nearly 25% of total coffee sales.
- 78% of consumers recognise the Fairtrade mark.
- Fairtrade products are now sold in more than 120 countries.
- More than 3000 products are now Fairtrade.